Monday, April 13, 2009

MIA!

I set up this blog months ago, determined to join the intellectual elite of the 21st century and add my contribution. I truly intended to get this moving! Instead, life intervened, as life is wont to do, and I procrastinated (as I am wont to do!), and... nothing happened.

It's not for lack of thought. My head whirls every hour of the day with stuff. I think all the time. It's just that very little of it actually makes it out of my brain. Birth, life, death... the Divine or lack thereof... weighty matters (literally and figuratively!), fluffy stuff. Some of it actually seems interesting or important enough to share. Somehow, though, it mainly... stays in my mind.

I mean well; most of us do. The road to hell is paved with good intentions... But too often, little (nothing) comes of it. It would be so much easier if I could upload my thoughts directly to the 'net: things make so much more sense in my head. They lose nearly everything in translation, as it were, to paper or the screen.

However, I'm still determined, and I still mean to carry through. I'm trying to lower my expectations. I don't need vast numbers of readers or followers. I have no one to please but myself. I will try my hardest to abstain from the self-judgment that keeps me paralysed. I will simply write, and hopefully I'll get in touch with that harshest critic: myself.

This is a short post; call it a manifesto. It's spring; it's time to move on. Sondheim said it best: "I chose, and my world is shaken-- so what? The choice may have been mistaken; the choosing was not. You have to move on."

Choose. Stay stuck or stumble forward. Surely the stumbling is better than being stuck?

No comments: