Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Just about to that point...

... when I think I have to throw in the towel and say, "I'm done."

The caesarean rate keeps climbing, even when the birth rate in the United States actually goes down. Intervention rates continue to skyrocket. No one actually seems to care, except the minority of us who do, and we keep talking in circles. There is a bare handful of individuals who are walking the walk, so to speak, but I don't seem to be one of them.

So, I'm done. For now, anyway. Ironic that it's on Solstice Day. The Wheel keeps turning, but I seem to stay firmly in place... doing no one any good at all.

Brightest Blessings to you all, with all my heart. Peace of oak and ash and thorn, of root and crown, of leaf and bough, of earth and sky. Of wind and water... of well and womb.

And love. So much love.


~Willow

4 comments:

Lexi said...

What's going on? Did you quit your job? Or the fight?

Whatever it is, HUGS! and I'm always here for you!

Willow said...

(((Lexi))) Thank you. As Eeyore says, "Thanks for noticing me." :)

I'm just... discouraged. Disillusioned. Possibly a bit burnt-out. Hopefully this will pass and I'll get back to work. Or I'll find a different facet of my work that I can live with. Right now... I think I need a break.

Love you!

Well-Rounded Mama said...

Perhaps it's time to find a new aspect of nursing to focus on for a while so you can get a break from this disillusionment?

Wherever your path takes you, remember that we love you!! Many, many HUGS!!!

Willow said...

I've thought of that, Kmom-- nursing isn't the guaranteed field it once was, and I'm established where I am, if unsatisfied. I'm looking for another road through... something to motivate me again.

(((hugs)))