Monday, April 26, 2010

Blogroll

I don't know how may blogs you follow, but these are some recent MUST-READS, in case you missed them. I love, love, love these writers!

Kmom is my heroine and my inspiration-- I want to be her when I grow up! Here she takes on elective inductions, and this one is her latest in a series on healthy birth practices.

And speaking of heroes-- this guy rocks my world! Check out his latest on the Joint Commission Core Measures for Birth, then see what he thinks about birth locations, should he ever have to choose one. Finally, here is his wife's amazing homebirth story (which sort of answers the question above!).

It's hard to be a birthkeeper in a culture that doesn't value birth-- and it's even harder to feel compassion for those who can't admit that their births have caused them hurt. My friend the VBACWarrior manages both, and I think she is simply incredible.

Jen keeps tabs on all the research and calls physicians to task when they deserve it. Her evidence is unassailable, and she disseminates it to the public at large. Her website is the best around when it comes to pulling together all the pertinent news about birth.

Finally, Monica is spreading news and offering support to both English- and Spanish-speaking moms on Poder y Parto (Power and Birth). In this one she eloquently explains why mothers matter as much as babies where birth is concerned.

Who am I missing? I'm sure there are quite a few-- let me know if you see any blogs I need to be following, 'kay?

Blessings of a lovely spring (which always reminds me of birth),

Willow

4 comments:

Enjoy Birth said...

Here is one of my favorites.
http://womantowomancbe.wordpress.com/

Willow said...

Oooh! That's a good one-- thank you!

Jen @ VBACFacts.com said...

Thank you for the incredible compliments!!

Night said...

I don't post nearly as often as I should, but mine is birthraped.wordpress.com